This is a deceptive dish that punches above its weight considering how easy it is to make and how likely it is that you already have the basic ingredients in your cupboard. Err, I mean, I’m an awesome cook and you can never hope to attain my greatness.
WARNING: SATAY SAUCE IS A PEANUT-BASED SAUCE SO IT *MAY* CONTAIN NUTS.
N.B Apologies for the photos, it's v. hard to take good food pics!
Meat and/or Vegetables (enough for the number of people you are feeding)
2 dessert spoons of Peanut Butter (smooth ideally)
2 dessert spoons of Honey
2 dessert spoons of Soy Sauce
A Couple of cloves of Garlic
Fresh Ginger grated (optional)
Half a stock cube (optional)
Serve with Rice or Noodles
1) Chop Meat and/or vegetables
2) Prepare your sauce: Take one mug, put sauce ingredients in it. Add enough boiling water to fill the mug. Use a fork to stir until you’ve broken up the peanut butter and formed a paste and it looks like a mug of coffee or strong tea.
3) Fry meat and then add the veggies, stir fry for a few minutes
4) Add the sauce (take care not to add any nearby cups of tea)
5) Cook for a bit (for those who need precise instructions I’ll arbitrarily suggest “3 minutes”), until the sauce has thickened.
6) Combine your satay stir fry with rice or noodles, if you’ve reached the end of the recipe without realising that you should have cooked either of these, I recommend microwave rice or straight-to-wok noodles :D
7) Put the food into your face