Tuesday 6 December 2011

Baby quilt #2: Leonard

When cooking for vegan friends, I expect to have to work a bit harder to create a tasty meal. But I was surprised to find that the lovely Fiona and Laurie's veganism managed to inconvenience me when undertaking a task so seemingly innocent as making a baby quilt for their unborn child, Leonard. Quilts do not contain meat, dairy products or even honey, but you'd be amazed how many designs of children's fabric centre around a jolly farmer, farm animals or circus scene. I found it a bit strange, even creepy, despite being a carnivore myself. Anyway, I'm pleased to say that the quilt I made for Leonard features happy rabbits dancing with happy children, yellow chickadees and only the best free-range, disembodied panda heads.







No comments:

Post a Comment